Hope you gone through and have an understanding on WHY TO SERVE/ HELP.
In spite of the rapid development, India still faces several social problems including corruption, illiteracy, poverty, economic imbalances, etc., As a beneficiary and member of this Society, who is committed to our part by giving back, Volunteering can be the best altruistic approach to contribute towards the upliftment of the underprivileged section of the society and help them live a better life.
Being a volunteer can be one of the most difficult as well as rewarding experiences of your life. Whether you’re contributing an hour, a day, week, a month, or a year, you will certainly come across things that will amaze, challenge, and change you. Every step is a different experience for your learning, which leads to self-analysis on what is our role in the society, what little we can give back to the community in return for the services we have been receiving from the birth till death. If you can start this journey with or for right understanding, then this delights you to the core, break you down and then rebuild you, stronger and wiser than ever before.
Benefits of Volunteering
There are multi-folded benefits of being a volunteer. It is a WIN-WIN situation where everyone (Volunteer, Beneficiaries, Organization, Society, Nation) get benefited.
Many researched revealed and proved that Volunteer has the following benefits from Volunteering
- It makes people happier and healthier than those who don’t volunteer!
- Improved Mental and Physical Health – Enhanced well-being, socialization, reduced anxiety and depression, sense of achievement and enjoyment, satisfaction in life, feel physically healthier, reduction in hospitalization and reduce risk of many major diseases
- Job Skills and Employability – value on a CV, Better Communication, Improved Team Working, Management Skills will be improved
- Life Skills – Interpersonal Skills, Courage to take responsibility, a Better understanding of others, Self Confidence and Self Esteem will be improved
- Sense of belonging – Meet new people, better personal support networks, better relationships, decreased loneliness, feeling valued by others, accepting different people with their culture
There are many reasons why volunteering is a great thing to do and there are many volunteering opportunities in which you can become a volunteer of ASWA.